Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Organizing and living without!

The move went pretty well considering I wasn't a huge amount of help to my husband, but I tried. Thanks to my sister for watching Karsyn on Saturday and to my brother in law Brian for helping Adam with the big stuff. And mom and Shawny for helping with a few loads. They showed up at the right time on Monday. Getting Organized, yes, that's what I am trying to do now. But for me it's no fun. I hate going thru boxes and seeing things that I know I don't need anymore, but think, well, one day it will come in handy. Need to be Strong.


Also when we started moving I realized that I was walking away from some little freebees that we were so lucky to have and not worry about paying for them. Ummmm, internet, cable with DVR. Holy crap what am I gonna do without that stuff. I keep thinking that Adam will cave in at some point, he needs that stuff just as much as I do. So anyways my blogging may go down hill for awhile and I will have to be checking my emails elsewhere. Wish me luck that I will be able to talk him into it soon, and we will be up and running again.



7 comments:

Laurie said...

All those things that you don't need - just give them away! I'm trying to go through everything and get rid of stuff right now too, because clutter makes me crazy! It took me forever to figure that out, but now it's hard to get rid of stuff!

One day, when it will come in handy, you'll either realize you didn't need it or there'll be something even better out by then. :)

Kim said...

oh, you are going to miss that stuff! What a sacrifice! Internet is a must for us for school but we do ok without the other stuff. It just really stinks!

Sassy said...

GET RID OF IT!!!! GET RID OF IT!!!! GET RID OF IT!!!!! Or you will be going through what I have gone thru...just say NO to CRAP (instead of crack) hahaha get it? I'm sorry you have to go without...that stinks!!! Maybe you could plug in to your neighbors without them noticing...

charlotte said...

I am so glad you guys are getting your own place. That must be nice. I know what you mean when you said you went through boxes of stuff and think...I haven't used this in the last 3 years...I am sure I will need it though. ahhaha! I hate that too!

Cedar said...

I don't know what it is about getting rid of junk but it is so satisfying to me!! Do you know how much money we could all save if we didn't pay for all the "extras"??
Have fun in your new place and hurry and get settled so you can come visit!!:)

Melody B. said...

That "oh snap" pic cracks me up. I feel like "That's so Raven" when I say it!:)

stephanie said...

that kinda bites that you have to start paying for that stuff, the joys of living on our own..hope organizing is going well...