Wow, I am so lucky to have such a great husband. I can't believe he snuck into my blog and did that. He is the best, I couldn't ask for anything better. This week has been crazy with poor little Karsyn. She got so sick. It started on Tuesday. She acted fine during the day and she ate really good. Then that night she threw up about six times. On wednesday she threw up once in the morning and then the rest of the day she acted almost back to her old self accept she wasn't eating very well but we thought she was getting better. Then on Thursday morning she threw up again, so now I was pretty worried. I got her in to see the dr., and of course she had to throw up right before we walked in to the Dr.s office, anyways they said she caught a flu virus but were a little concerned that she was becoming dehyderated so they sent me to go get some blood taken. Karsyn was pretty sad when she had to get her blood taken, wasn't fun to watch. We stopped at the store and picked up some pedialite and some popsicles. She drank half of the pedialite took a nap and still woke up really out of it. The Dr. then called me and said her results came in and she was really dry, so I needed to take her into the ER to get an IV in her. We had to wait for Adam to get home, so I took her upstairs to visit with grandma to see if that would perk her up and I then decided to try the popsicles, she loved them. She ate a whole one then half of another one. Adam got home and we left. It was a long night. The ER was so packed with so many sick kids. Long story short they did a cathedir to check her urine and the results came in that she wasn't as bad anymore so they didn't have to do an IV, because she drank the pedialite and popsicles at home. Seven 1/2 hours later we went back home, we probably didn't even have to go, but it's one of those things where you are better to be safe then sorry. I can say now that she is about 99% to being her old happy self. It is so hard to see your child so sick, i felt so helpless. I hope that next week is a lot better.
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















15 comments:
i am soooooo happy that she is feeling better, it is not fun to see your kids sick, especially when they are babies and cant even tell you where they feel bad at---♥ that little monkey, give her XOXOXOXOX from her auntie steph, uncle scott and cousins, i think we just need to see you guys so we can do that ourselves!! whats the plans for tomorrow?
Poor thing!!! We had the throw-ups around here, too, but definitely not THAT bad! I'm glad she's feeling better!
I saw earlier on I think your mom's blog that she was in the hospital. I am so glad you updated b/c I was worried! Those stinkin ER's stink! Don't ya wish they could be a bit faster, loser doctors :) I'd complain to one if I could!!! But he is never home!!! LOL So glad she is feeling better!
That makes me so sad!! It seem like kids catch every little virous going around. You and Adam are the BEST parents, Karsyn is so blessed. Im glad she is doing better, give her a big KISS from all of us!!!
It is really unfortunate that she got sooooo sick. That ER Room was so CRAZY! Jess you are so funny, talking about your dr. hubby that way. I am so glad that she has improved. You need my pic's from the hospital. ♥MOM/GRANDMA/MOTHER-IN-LAW {whatever you want me to be}
Poor Karsyn! 7 1/2 hours in the ER... yuck! It really is the worst thing when your baby is sick and you feel so helpless. I'm so glad she is feeling bettter.
POOR KARSYN is right! Dane got the stomach flu when he was 2 months old and had to be in the hospital for 3 days. I am so glad that you guys didn't have to stay...NO FUN!
so sad....glad you guys are all hanging in there!!!
That is THE worst! Glad she is getting back to herself. It seems like half the world is sick, hope you dont get it.
Thank heaven for popsicles! That had to be miserable I'm sure but sure am glad she's doing better. I can't believe how big she's gotten. She's a cutie, must take after her mom! ;)
man- sorry to hear bad news, I am so glad she didn't have to get an iv. I had one a few times when I was prego with Cheyenne and I HATED it, I am SOOO glad little Karsyn didn't have to do that. Im glad shes doing better!
What a rough week! Thank goodness she is feeling better! This winter has been tough with all the illness going around, it's 10 X harder with baby's cuz it turns into a guessing game. Don't you wish in the middle of there cries they would spout out in thier sweet voices "brochitis' or "ear infection" etc.. It would make life a lot easier.
I hear ya sista! We just went through that over here. YUCK! I always forget, but Feb. is the WORST month for getting sick! Every single year we all get something terrible during Feb! Hope she continues to feel better and like Kenyon said, I sure hope YOU don't get it! Being a mom and being sick is the WORST thing ever!
Oh I am so sorry! I hate it when my babies get sick, they seem so helpless. I am glad that she is back to her old self.
that is so rough when they draw your baby's blood. You have to be so brave when all you want to do is cry along with them.
Post a Comment